Effective June 15, 2001
1. You understand and accept these Terms and Conditions and agree to pay for these services according to the Billing Policies currently in effect. Billing is done through hard copy and is mailed to you through the Postal Service.
2. If we do not receive payment when due, your account may be locked. There will be a five dollar charge to unlock your account. If you do not make a payment within 60 days of your due date, your account may be terminated. Termination of your account does not remove your responsibility under this agreement to pay all fees incurred, including any collection fees incurred by Internet Connect Services. Late fees of 1.5% per month will be charged on outstanding balances. There will be a fifteen dollar charge on all returned checks. You will notify Internet Connect Services of any changes in account contact information, such as your address or telephone number. You may cancel your account at any time upon prior 10 day written notice to us.
Monthly and discounted longterm charges must be paid in advance. You are responsible for keeping track of your time-on line. Hourly usage in excess of your base level will be billed at the end of each billing cycle in addition to your monthly base access fees. VISA, MASTERCARD, personal and company checks are accepted ($15 charge for any returned checks.) Payment is due within ten (10) days of billing. Late payment may result in service disruption. Such interruption does not relieve you from the obligation to pay past due and ongoing charges. Monthly service provided is charged from the first day of the month through the last day of the month. ICS does not pro-rate services. All customers are charged for a full month service regardless of the date service was started or canceled. If you do not use the full service hours you have agreed upon you are still obligated to pay for the service. Cancellation does not relieve you of your past due obligations and charges. If you default, you agree to pay Internet Connect Services reasonable expenses, including attorney and collection fees, incurred in enforcing its rights under these Terms and Conditions. You will notify Internet Connect Services promptly of any changes in your account contact, information, such as address and telephone number.
3. Internet Connect Services makes no warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, including any implied warranty or merchantability of fitness of this service for a particular purpose. Internet Connect Services takes no responsibility for any damage suffered by you including, but not limited to, loss of data from delays, non deliveries, misdeliveries, or service interruptions caused by Internet Connect Services' own negligence or your errors and/or omissions. We cannot guarantee your privacy on this system. However,
4. Internet Connect Services may only be used for lawful purposes. Transmission of any material in violation of any U.S. or state regulation is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, threatening or obscene material, or material protected by trade secret. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Internet Connect Services from any claims resulting from your use of this service which damages you or another party. At our discretion, we may revoke your access for inappropriate usage, including (but not limited to) unsolicited commercial email and other 'spam mailing', unauthorized or illegal access to other computers, and harassment of other Internet users. You agree to pay any damages and/or fees associated with any unsolicited commercial email originating from your account.
5. Use of any information obtained via this service is at your own risk. Internet Connect Services specifically denies any responsibility for the accuracy or quality of information obtained through our services.
6. We may list your contact information in relevant directories.
7. All programs, scripts, html pages, and other files hosted on Internet Connect servers must be authorized by the Internet Connect Services staff before being placed on-line. Internet Connect Services reserves the right to terminate the use of any program, script, or html page hosted on ICS servers. Reasons for terminating usage may include (but are not limited to): files which are harmful to the performance of ICS servers and/or software, files which compromise the security of the user (and/or other users of ICS servers), and files which violate any other conditions of this user agreement. Internet Connect Services is not responsible for the performance or results of using any files created or maintained by the user.
8. If you use another organization's networks or computing resources, you are subject to their respective permission and usage policies.
9. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice. A current copy will always be available on-line through our "help" facility and on our web server. Continued usage of your account after a new policy has gone into effect constitutes acceptance of that policy. We encourage you to regularly check the policy statement for any changes. (The effective date at the top will be updated to indicate a new revision.)
10. You are responsible for how your account is used. You may allow others to use it, bearing in mind that you are fully responsible for what they do. However, only one dialup login is allowed at a time per account.
11. The use of IRC is not permitted on any of the montana.com machines. Currently, IRC clients operating on the users' machines via SLIP/PPP are allowed. No unauthorized program compilation or the use of unauthorized programs are allowed on any ICS machine.
12. Disk storage is limited to 5 megabytes for Web Server use for individual accounts and 50 megabytes for business accounts. Additional storage will be billed at $.35 per megabyte per month, based on maximum storage.
13. Internet Connect Services is not responsible for any long distance charges incurred by its customers due to any misconfiguration of their software. It is the customer's responsibility to ensure that the proper phone number for their geographical location is entered properly into their dialer.
14. Internet Connect Services reserves the right to cancel this service and reimburse you with any unused fees where appropriate on a pro-rata basis. However, set-up fees are non-refundable.
15. These Terms and Conditions supersede all previous representations, understanding or agreements and shall prevail notwithstanding any variance with terms and conditions of any order submitted.
16. Some of the information available on our systems is covered by copyright. Unless you have permission from the copyright holder, you are not allowed to redistribute this information to others, including use of this information on radio, television, electronic or printed media, such as newspapers, magazines, newsletters or websites.